How to Open an Alamo Drafthouse Franchise
We are looking for franchisees who are experienced with the hospitality business, who understand and love what Alamo Drafthouse stands for, and who want to bring our brand of excellent food, service, film presentation and original programming to their region, and have:
- Resources to develop one or more Alamo Drafthouse Cinema venues
- Excellent knowledge of trade area and the local real estate market that fits the profile for Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
- $10M in net worth (total for the entire group if multiple partners)
- At least $3M in liquidity (cash, stocks, bonds)
Building an Alamo Drafthouse
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has a track record of success across different location types, including city centers and suburban markets. Our theaters are all unique, meaning the design can be adapted to best fit your site and market.
The new build prototype is a great opportunity to develop the brand with tested designs that deliver a great consumer experience and promote operational efficiency. The prototype design is adaptable to fit different site and market specifications to reflect the needs of the local community.
|GROSS BUILDING AREA||40,000–45,000 sq. ft.|
|NUMBER OF THEATERS||8–10 screens|
|SITE*||1 acre land required|
|PARKING STALLS||1 per 2.5 seats|
|SITE||4 – 5 acres land required for surface parking|
*parking may be shared with larger master development plan.
Own your Own
Learn more about franchise opportunities with Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.
Seeking Real Estate
Alamo Drafthouse is expanding across the country, and we’re looking for perfect places to open new theaters. Do you have an available site that would be ideal for an Alamo Drafthouse location? Generally speaking, we are seeking sites that meet the following criteria:
- Located 3+ miles driving distance from the nearest first-run movie theater
- 40,000+ leasable square feet
- Capacity for 10+ screens
- If you are a broker or an owner of a site that meets these specifications, get started today.